Lights, Water.... Action!
Landscape lighting placed along the ground can be used for a soft or romantic glow. If you're trying to create a soft ambience to your garden path.
When it comes to landscaping, most of us think grass, rocks, flowers and patios. However, beautiful lights and water features can transform even the smallest most mundane yard.
But, what good is a beautiful and tranquil backyard if you can't see it? Outdoor landscape lighting fixtures are available in a large number of styles that will match any home style or look.
Landscape lighting placed along the ground can be used for a soft or romantic glow. If you're trying to create a soft ambience to your garden path, these small lights can be perfect. Ground level lighting does not put off light that is as bright or harsh as light poles.
If you're using outdoor sitting spaces for gatherings, install lights on poles, posts, or in the trees of your yard. Since hanging lights cast a larger amount of light, they are better for large areas. In addition to gathering and walking places, don't forget to illuminate water features in the yard either a birdbath or fountain, or even a waterfall. Underwater lighting is great for ponds.
Garden ponds are wonderful because they provide a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. A well-designed pond turns an outdoor space into a vacation-like retreat, taking you away from the busy world. With a pond, you'll be able to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature including interesting plants, running water and maybe even koi fish.
It's important that the design and construction of a garden pond are done right. Due to lack of knowledge, homeowners can end up with a sloppy eyesore rather than a relaxing water feature. Familiarize yourself with the basics of pond placement and construction so that when you hire a professional you'll be able to work together to create an incredible pond. A few things to consider and research:
- The view from your house, sunlight exposure, and access to electricity and water.
- A larger pond, with a higher volume of water, is easier to maintain than a small pond.
- The average price ranges for ponds, based on their size.
- The main factors that will impact the final price of your pond.
- Design and maintenance tips for koi ponds, including size requirements, filtration, aeration, and water quality.
- The best locations for formal pond styles and the most popular formal pond shapes and design features.
- Integrating a waterfall into your pondscape to provide sound and movement.
- The three basic options for pond liners (flexible, preformed and poured concrete) and the best applications for each type.
- The best aquatic pond plants that will help keep your pond in ecological balance without chemicals or expensive equipment.
- How to use underwater lighting in a pond to highlight fountains, sculptures and other special features.
Before installing a pond, remember that no pond is maintenance free. However, upkeep can be minimized with good design and construction.